Several deputies on the Pierce County Sheriff's Office dive team got a visit from an inquisitive friend.
While two deputies were underwater during a recent recreational dive, they were being watched by a seal.
The deputies had no idea the seal was there until they surfaced from the water and watched a video of the animal watching them, officials said.
The deputies said it was a complete "surprise!"
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle to file lawsuit to block $30 car tab initiative
- $30 car tabs in Washington: What's expected next
- Woman pulls parasitic worms from her eye after running through flies
- 3-year-old boy injured after being hit by car while biking on cul-de-sac, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.