ISLAND COUNTY, Wash. - Authorities recovered $171,000 worth of marijuana from an illegal grow operation in Freeland, the Island County Sheriff's Office said.
Officials said a warrant was served at a home in the 4000 block of East Harbor Road on Oct. 2.
The Sheriff's Office, along with other agencies, recovered 108 pounds of processed pot and 3,600 marijuana plants in various stages of growth, officials said.
There were 12 grow rooms, which appeared to be set up to harvest more than 100 pounds of marijuana approximately every 30 to 45 days, authorities said.
Two caretakers for the illegal grow operation were identified, officials said.
Detectives are investigating who is responsible for the operation.
More news from KIRO 7
- WATCH: Suspect arrested after chase, attempted carjacking
- Samuel Little: FBI releases chilling confessions, sketches of 5 unknown victims of serial killer
- Skagit Valley teen pleads guilty in crash that killed father of 2
- State Board of Health votes to ban flavored vaping products
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.