Air Canada announced Wednesday it will offer a new nonstop flight from Sea-Tac airport to Montreal beginning in May 2020.
The service will complement Air Canada's current non-stop flights from Sea-Tac to Vancouver and Toronto.
Montreal is the largest city in Canada's Québec province with a population of around 1.7 million.
"Canada is our second largest air travel market, after Mexico, and Montreal has been a missing link," Port of Seattle Commission President Stephanie Bowman said in a news release.
Sea-Tac currently has six nonstop flights to Canada: Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Toronto, Vancouver,and Victoria.
The service is expected to operate daily on a year-round basis.
"With the only nonstop service between the two cities, Air Canada is strengthening its position in the Seattle market and providing yet another key link for business and leisure travelers alike. This new route also further strengthens and expands our service from our Montreal hub," Mark Galardo, vice president of network planning at Air Canada, said.
More news from KIRO 7
- BREAKING: 2 dead, 3 others injured in Tacoma shooting
- Intoxicated and barefoot, off-duty Renton officer accused of assaulting woman
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Police: Woman attacked with pitchfork in Ballard by man released from jail 4 days earlier
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.