• Hoverboard explodes at UW-Bothell campus


    BOTHELL, Wash. - The University of Washington’s Bothell campus is reviewing its policy after one student’s hoverboard burst into flames.

    The incident happened at student housing apartments on campus on Thursday.

    Freshman Austin Camphouse had purchased his hoverboard for $260 on eBay in November. He noticed the device getting warmer.

    After Camphouse disconnected the power, he heard crackling sounds and took it outside.

    Seconds later, the board started smoking, then exploded and caught on fire.

    <iframe width="415" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pyZuKPmZFZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    The incident was captured on video. 

    No injuries were reported during the incident.

    Next Up: