KIRKLAND, Wash. — Travel the world and you'll probably ride an aerial tramway or a funicular railway to get people up and down hills.
Kirkland has a hill, too, and about a mile to move people between I-405 and downtown.
That will become a critical connection when Sound Transit's new bus rapid transit line along I-405 opens with a station along the freeway at Northeast 85th Street.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Third suspect arrested in connection to the still-missing Bonney Lake teen
- Weekend Revive I-5 closure may cause worst traffic snarl yet
- Cashier scolds customer for trying to pay grocery bill for woman with WIC
- Man arrested for attempted luring of girl at bus stop in Mason County
- Southwest Airlines apologizes after asking mom for 'proof' that biracial toddler is her son
© 2021 Cox Media Group