SEATTLE - Only one lane of traffic was open on northbound I-5 near Northeast 85th Street for a fatality investigation Thursday.
The lanes were closed for about two hours. Three lanes were reopened at about 8:15 a.m. The final lane opened shortly before 9 a.m.
At the height of the slowdown, traffic was backed up about 7 miles, all the way to the Michigan curve.
The Washington State Patrol is investigating. A drone was used to map out the scene where a woman died.
As of about 9 a.m., traffic remained backed up to the Georgetown area of Seattle
More news from KIRO 7
- Grieving orca mom still swimming with her dead calf in Northwest
- Traffic backs up for miles on NB I-5 in North Seattle
- Amazon hiring more than 200 work-from-home positions
- Police: 5-year-old girl reportedly touched by stranger in restroom at Edmonds park
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.