CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. — Firefighters in Florida are reminding drivers not to burn candles while driving after putting out a car fire started by a burning candle.
A driver told Charlotte County firefighters that a scented candle burning inside his car tipped over onto a pile of papers while he was driving Monday, WWSB reported.
After the candle started burning the papers, the driver pulled into a Culver's restaurant parking lot. He ran in and filled a trash can with water to pour onto the fire. However, the car was completely engulfed in flames by the time he returned.
The car was destroyed. No one was injured.
Cox Media Group