INDIANAPOLIS — Eight more missing children have been found as part of “Operation Homecoming,” officials with the U.S. Marshals Service announced.
The federal law enforcement officers searched for the children from Aug. 31 through Sept. 4 as part of a multiagency operation in the Indianapolis area, the Marshals said in a news release.
The children, who were between the ages of 6 and 17, were given to the Indiana Department of Child Services.
Officials said the push to find the children last week was the end of several months of planning and coordination between law enforcement agencies.
One adult was arrested and charged with parental kidnapping and possession of weapons of intimidation, CBS News reported.
Over recent weeks, there have been operations under different names recovering missing children across the country.
“Operation Not Forgotten” saved 26 children and found the location of 13 others, bringing that total to 39.
“Operation Safety Net” found 25 missing and endangered children in Ohio over 20 days, CBS News reported.
Among the three operations, 72 children have been recovered over recent weeks.
Cox Media Group