Elevation Foods is voluntarily recalling several egg-based products sold at Target and The Fresh Market due to possible Listeria contamination.
The company is recalling containers of Archer Farms-brand egg salad; Freskët-brand egg salad, tuna salad and Thai lobster salad; and Archer Farms-brand deviled egg sandwiches that were produced on June 18.
Elevation Foods found the problem after products tested positive for listeria when checked by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Elevation Foods said it is continuing to investigate potential sources of the problem.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, the products were manufactured at Elevation Foods’ Knoxville, Tennessee facility. The company believes that fewer than 1,087 cases of the products have been shipped to retailer warehouses across the United States.
No illnesses have been reported.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE RECALLED PRODUCT: Check the "use by" dates that are printed on the side of containers and the lot number, which can be found on the side or lid. The recall applies to only products that match the lot numbers and "use by" dates below.
- Archer Farms-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019 (printed on the side of each container) UPC 085239018682, distributed nationwide
- Freskët-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container)
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon, UPC 220505000002, distributed nationwide
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain, UPC 498780203566, distributed nationwide
© 2019 Cox Media Group