TACOMA, Wash. - A woman was killed early Friday after she was struck by a freight train in Tacoma.
It’s unclear what she was doing on the train tracks near Dock Street and East 15th Street.
The woman has not been identified.
Police said the incident happened about 12:45 a.m.
The train was heading from Portland to Seattle, a Burlington Northern Sante Fe spokesman said.
Train traffic was stopped for several hours but has since resumed.
More news from KIRO 7
- 4.6 magnitude earthquake near Monroe felt across Western Washington
- WATCH: Surveillance video shows moment M4.6 quake hit
- Deputies: Man admits to killing mother of 2 in cold case, then recants
- Toxic plant that causes blindness, 3rd degree burns spotted in Clark County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The News Tribune