UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. — Two people were found shot in University Place Monday morning.
The Pierce County Sheriff's Department says two men were found dead inside a Dodge sedan near 63rd Street West and 62nd Avenue West. Both had gunshot wounds.
The men were found after someone called 911 at about 5:30 a.m. when they saw the car stopped but still running in the middle of the road with two people inside who appeared to be passed out. Officers arrived and found that the occupants were dead.
Investigators are taking photos and canvassing the neighborhood for possible witnesses. Officers are waiting for a warrant before searching the vehicle, which they said doesn't appear to be stolen.
Several homes with surveillance cameras have been identified and officers are working to get the video.
Eight to ten homes were blocked off and officers from the University Place Police Department also responded the scene.
More news from KIRO 7
- Exclusive KIRO 7 poll on Seattle Head Tax
- Two found dead in car in University Place
- 'Superman' star Margot Kidder dead at 69
- Seattle City Council to vote on head tax: A timeline of the city's response
- As the city wants more money from businesses, where is it spending homelessness money now?
Cox Media Group