TACOMA, Wash. — A lockdown at Edison Elementary School in Tacoma was lifted just before 9:30 a.m. Friday, the Tacoma Police Department said.
Police checked the neighborhood around 5830 S. Pine Street, where the school is located, and said they couldn't find anything suspicious.
The school was placed on modified lockdown after someone reported hearing a gunshot in the area.
The 911 call came at about 8:40 a.m.
A Tacoma police officer was at the school to make sure students arrived safely.
Operations at the school were returned to normal, police said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Thunderstorms rolling into Puget Sound region Friday
- Jury rules officer used excessive force in mall incident
- Sketch released of man who groped student
- School district cuts one day off school week; students will only go for four days a week
- Great Pacific Garbage Patch 16 times larger than estimates: 87,000 tons of plastic and growing