TACOMA, Wash. — A semi crash blocked all lanes of northbound I-5 in Tacoma near South 38th Street Friday morning.
All lanes reopened at 6 a.m.
The two left southbound lanes were also blocked.
The Washington State Patrol said the semi driver admitted to being drowsy. He said he swerved to avoid hitting a car and then hit the Jersey barriers, causing the semi to overturn at about 1:15 a.m.
The driver has bumps and bruises. No one else was hurt.
Crews had replace Jersey barriers that were destroyed in the crash.
- 'Tweakerville' sign welcomes people into downtown Everett
- Washington distracted driving law in effect: Answers to common questions
- Ohio State Fair ride accident kills one, injures seven [WARNING: Disturbing video embedded]
- PHOTOS: Most wanted for back child support (July 26, 2017 update)
- VIDEO: FBI: Man says he killed wife on cruise ship because she was laughing at him
© 2020 Cox Media Group