PUYALLUP, Wash. - Police are asking for help in finding a suspected thief who they say assaulted a loss prevention worker at Fred Meyer at 1100 North Meridian Avenue in Puyallup.
Law enforcement said the man was caught on surveillance video trying to take $400 in merchandise around 12:20 p.m. on Feb. 27.
While trying to flee the store with a cart of goods, the man punched a female loss prevention officer a couple of times, police said.
He did get away with a $70 jacket he was wearing, officials said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Tulalip looks to build indoor water park roughly the size of Wild Waves
- Spanaway dad shoots suspect crouched outside children's room
- Seattle lawyer sues hospital after devastating diagnosis
- 71-year-old woman shot during Seattle home invasion robbery
- Man dying of stab wound drove in circles until help arrived
The Puyallup Police Department said the man appears to be a Pacific Islander in his early 20s who weighs about 180 pounds and is 5 feet 11 inches tall. Officials said his hair was tied back in a ponytail and the sides of his head appeared to be partially shaved.
Anyone with information is asked to call (253) 770-3343, or email police at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.