An Everett man was killed and an Arlington man was injured after they exchanged gunfire Monday afternoon.
It happened at a home in the 11000 block of 72nd Avenue Northeast in Arlington at about 1:30 p.m.
Snohomish County Sheriff's detectives said a 37-year-old Everett man went to the home of a 37-year-old Arlington man where the two got into a fight. Police said when the Everett man shot the Arlington man in the arm, the Arlington man took control of the gun and shot the Everett man in the chest.
The Everett man was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center where he died. The Arlington man was also taken to the hospital for his gunshot wound.
As of Tuesday morning, the Sheriff's Office said no arrests had been made but detectives were continuing to investigate.
The name of the victim will be released by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner.
More news from KIRO 7
- Three-alarm fire destroys string of Ballard businesses, injures one firefighter
- Body found inside car pulled from Star Lake, deputies say
- Push to exhume bodies in King County
- Government says rainbow crosswalks could be unsafe
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.