EDMONDS, Wash. — A man armed with three axes and a knife destroyed a motel room, threatened to kill police officers and others and caused a standoff with police Tuesday, according to Edmonds police.
Police were called to a motel in the 23900 block of Highway 99 in Edmonds Tuesday morning by motel guests who said a man there was threatening to kill people.
At some point, the man had broken into a motel room, where he retreated when officers arrived.
Police said the man ripped out the hot water tank and stove and threw them out of the room, along with chairs and other items.
As officers were trying to get the man to surrender, he threw tools at officers and made threats to kill them.
Police said that during the standoff, the man began stripping off layers of clothing.
After about two hours, the 35-year-old Everett man was taken into custody and transported to a hospital.
He could face charges of felony harassment, first-degree burglary, assaulting a police officer and felony property damage.
More news from KIRO 7
- Homeless sidewalk campers: 'We appreciate Seattle's liberal vibe'
- Two killed, 6 injured in wrong-way crash on SR 516
- Seattle man saved by naloxone 4 times, now helping others recover from addiction
- I-5 lane-splitting barriers nears Tacoma Dome finally gone
- Man arrested in SeaTac double shooting
Cox Media Group