PORT ANGELES, Wash. - Deputies are investigating after a 125-foot yacht crashed into docks and hit several boats Monday morning.
The Clallam County Sheriff's Office said at about 8:15 a.m., Capt. Steve Peckham had moored the Westport Yacht at a fuel dock in the Port Angeles Boat Haven for fueling.
Investigators said the mooring lines were secured to the dock but the fueling hadn't started when the vessel suddenly accelerated.
The yacht crashed into several docks and at least seven other boats, deputies said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Three-alarm fire destroys string of Ballard businesses, injures one firefighter
- WhyHotel opens in Seattle, offering pop-up concept that's expanding across the country
- Government says rainbow crosswalks could be unsafe
- Woman managed to get past security and onto Delta flight
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
The dock and boats were damaged.
Damages are estimated to likely exceed $100,000.
Investigators said alcohol and drugs are not suspected and there were no injuries.
Six crew members, including the captain, were on the yacht during the time of the crash.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.