CAMANO ISLAND, Wash. — A 4-year-old boy is recovering at home after he was bitten by a 14-month old wolf-hybrid on Camano Island Thursday.
Officials with the Island County Sheriff’s office said the boy was playing with another child on Lost Forest Lane around 3:30 p.m. when he was bitten several times.
The boy was transported to Providence Hospital with serious injuries to his head, neck, hip, groin and buttocks, officials said.
"The families involved in this are cooperating in all respects at this point and they request that their privacy be respected as they work through this traumatic event," deputies wrote in a news release.
The animal is in the custody of Animal Control and deputies said there is no danger to the public.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- First Copper River salmon arrives in Seattle
- 1 killed, 2 injured after SUV hits pedestrian and crashes into Lynnwood home
- Recommendation for major new airport coming by 2022
- Prosecutor: SeaTac Motel 6 used for sex trafficking
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group