A suspect was taken into custody after leading police on a pursuit that ended in Pierce County on Friday evening.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said there was an armed robbery at Reality Coffee at 368 NE Waaga Way. Investigators said the robber had a knife, and demanded and took money.
Deputies were on State Road 3 driving toward Gorst when they saw the suspect vehicle driving recklessly. They tried to stop the suspect vehicle, but the suspect failed to stop, and deputies started to chase the vehicle.
Kitsap County deputies terminated the pursuit, and Pierce County deputies waited at the county line to continue the chase. Washington State Patrol troopers were also involved in the chase.
Investigators said the suspect vehicle was also involved in another armed robbery Friday morning in Mount Vernon.
The pursuit ended with a crash on SR 16 near South Sprague Avenue around 5:30 p.m. in Tacoma and caused a major traffic backup.
Tacoma Fire officials said the crash involved three vehicles and there were minor injuries.
A woman tells KIRO 7 she caught the suspect on her dash cam camera. Watch the video below.
Washington State Patrol troopers gave an update on the investigation, watch it below.
More news from KIRO 7
- Goodbye to Sea-Tac Airport's Gate N7, of 'Sleepless in Seattle' fame, part of $658 million remodel
- Man wanted in attack, robbery of grandmother arrested after chase, crash
- Large rat falls from Buffalo Wild Wings ceiling, lands onto menu, woman says
- Report: Bottled water sold at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart has high levels of arsenic
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.