People often buy bottled water with the thought that it’s safer than tap water.
The Center for Environmental Health said the first is Starkey Water, which is sold by Whole Foods.
The second is Peñafiel, sold at Target and Walmart.
The study confirms findings from Consumer Reports, which found the two brands had nearly double the federal limit of arsenic in water.
USA Today says the Food and Drug Administration has not recalled either brand of bottled water.
Read the full story at this link.
More news from KIRO 7
- King County employee closes gate, allows 230,000 gallons of untreated sewage into people’s yards
- West Seattle High School basketball coach charged with sexting student-athlete
- Prolific offender released from jail
- US judge tosses lawsuit against glass artist Dale Chihuly
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.