SEATTLE - A Seattle woman is among the 59 people killed in the Las Vegas massacre, the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history, according to The Washington Post.
Carrie Parsons posted about her trip to Las Vegas when she saw country singer Eric Church, a musician she loved, at a music festival.
Parsons posted a selfie from the show on Saturday to Facebook, with the caption "night made!" The next night, a gunman opened fire from his Mandalay Bay Hotel room at 22,000 people in the Route 91 crowd. At least 527 people were injured.
Family and friends are turning to social media to remember Parsons. Her brother confirmed her death on Tuesday on his Facebook page. He asked for prayers.
The Washington Post reports Parsons was originally from Bainbridge Island. Her LinkedIn page listed her as a manager for staffing agency, Ajilon, in Seattle.
- Las Vegas shooting: 58 dead, 515 injured
- Las Vegas shooting: Who is Stephen Paddock?
- Las Vegas shooting: Jason Aldean, other celebrities share prayers on social media
- PHOTOS: Las Vegas shooting, deadliest in modern U.S. History
- VIDEO: Brother of Stephen Paddock "Dumbfounded" by Las Vegas shooting
© 2019 Cox Media Group.