DES MOINES, Wash. — The Coast Guard has suspended the search for a man in his 80s who was seen in the water at the Des Moines Marina Tuesdsay.
After 5 p.m., crews responded to a report of a man who had reportedly jumped off the dock and into the water. Witnesses said he did not resurface.
Crews conducted nine searches for the man within a 16-hour period.
Coast Guard officials said they do not know if the man fell into the water or jumped.
- Police: Death of 3 inside Bellingham home appears to be murder-suicide
- Investigators reveal son likely killed his parents, then himself
- Unearthed mugshots show what Washington criminals looked like in the 1940s
- Bicyclist killed in hit-and-run crash in SoDo neighborhood
- Everett, bikini baristas in court battle over dress code law
- Green lights less than 10 seconds? SDOT has no plans to change them
Cox Media Group