The Seattle Seahawks and Boeing announced Monday that seven local youth organizations will receive tickets to 2019 home games as part of their Legion of Youth Powered by Boeing program, with an eighth to be named in October.
Launched in 2014, the program aims to help and empower local youth by providing organizations throughout the Northwest with 100 tickets apiece.
Village Theater, Our Future Matters, WA Green Schools, Neobots (FIRST Washington), National Guard Youth, Sky Valley Youth Coalition and Mockingbird Society are this year's recipients. During each game, 25 students will each receive four tickets, breakfast with a Seahawks legend, concession vouchers and a Legion of Youth Powered by Boeing sweatshirt.
The program recognizes kids who are dedicated students and those "who may be facing difficult challenges and need a positive boost."
Fans have until Sept. 29 to nominate an eighth and final organization for this year's program. Submissions are being taken at seahawks.com/legionofyouth. The winner will be announced in October.
More news from KIRO 7
- Multi-vehicle crash blocked all SB lanes of I-5 in Everett on Sunday night
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Destructive storm leaves families homeless
- Brass nameplates missing from Tukwila cemetery
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.