SEATTLE — The Mariners have agreed to send starting pitcher James Paxton to the New York Yankees, according to Yahoo Sports’ Jeff Passan.
Per Greg Johns of MLB.com, the Yankees are sending three players to the Mariners in the trade, including their number one prospect -- left handed pitcher Justus Sheffield.
The 30-year-old Paxton was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the fourth round of the 2010 MLB Draft out of the University of Kentucky.
In 2018, Paxton went 11-6 with a 3.76 earned run average and threw a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Nearly 100,000 pounds of ground beef recalled over E. coli fears
- Olympia to start moving homeless out of downtown, into 'mitigation site'
- 'Dozens' of underground heroin-injection sites operating now in King County
- 73-year-old woman worried about meth she was smoking asked doctor to test it
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org