Seahawks' Reed suspended 6 games by NFL--woman who called 911 on Reed also called KIRO 7

Jarran Reed #90 of the Seattle Seahawks sacks Josh Rosen #3 of the Arizona Cardinals in the third quarter at CenturyLink Field on December 30, 2018 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Abbie Parr/Getty Images)

Three days before training camp begins, the Seahawks learned they will be missing a critical part of their defensive scheme until late October, after the NFL suspended defensive tackle Jarran Reed for the first six regular season games--citing a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.
KIRO 7 learned the suspension is the result of an assault investigation by the Bellevue Police Department, which originated with a woman's 911 call after 3 a.m. from a party at Reed's Bellevue home in April of 2017. Reed was never arrested, and Bellevue prosecutors declined to press charges following their eight-month investigation.
The 21-year-old woman called KIRO 7 from her Georgia home and talked about the incident days later, describing bruises and cuts she said she received after she said Reed grabbed and dragged her through a hallway and down a stairway.
The woman even sent KIRO 7 photos showing injuries. When KIRO 7 asked Bellevue police about the reports in May 2017, they would not confirm they were investigating any of the woman's reports or allegations at the time, so KIRO 7 opted to wait for police confirmation before airing the story.
According to police investigation documents released Monday, "(Reed) invited local female exotic dancers, Seattle Seahawks players (their names were redacted) and a few other people."
The documents indicate Reed and the woman had a previous online relationship, and Reed had flown here to Seattle days before from her home in Atlanta. The woman told police she was staying at Reed's Bellevue home when she was involved in a heated confrontation with a stripper at the party.
According to the investigative documents, the woman told police Reed squeezed her neck and confronted her when she tried to leave. She then told police she hid behind a locked door, and detectives wrote: "Reed broke down the door to gain entrance into the room."
The woman told police Reed dragged her by her wrist down the hall and stairs.
Detectives wrote: "Reed's Seattle Seahawk teammate realized (the woman) was on the phone with the police and they advised Reed to leave. Reed and several other party guests left the residence."
Eight months later, Bellevue city prosecutors declined to charge Reed saying:" After a careful review of the case, prosecutors believed there was insufficient evidence to prove ‘beyond a reasonable doubt' the alleged crime."
Monday, Reed released a statement on social media:
"I apologize to those close to me including my family, the entire Seattle Seahawks organization and fans of the team for putting myself in a position where I could be disciplined by the NFL.
While I totally disagree with the decision of the NFL, I still must accept it and take responsibility for the situation. I have learned from this and will do everything I can to make my friends, family, teammates, fans and the Seahawks proud of me moving forward."
Reed will be allowed to participate in training camp and preseason games but will not be allowed to participate in the regular season until the team's seventh game October 20th.
In 2014, Reed was arrested for DUI in Tuscaloosa Alabama, shortly after transferring to the University of Alabama to play for legendary coach Nick Saban.
According to Alabama school records, Reed did not miss any games for disciplinary reasons that season.

RENTON, Wash. — More news from KIRO 7