A 19-year-old was arrested after shooting another teenager in what police are calling a gang-related shooting Friday night in Everett.
Police responded to a gang-related shooting at a gas station in the 10100 block of Ninth Avenue West at 9:13 p.m. Officers contacted the 17-year-old victim, whom Everett police referred to as a known gang member in a press release.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Earthquake in Southern California raises concerns about ‘The Big One' in Washington
- Loved ones identify man killed by Poulsbo Police
- $900k worth of meth, heroin and more seized from Bremerton home
- VIDEO: Watch a replay of the Fourth of July fireworks
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
An investigation showed that he had been confronted by a rival gang member nearby. The victim sustained a non-life-threatening wound and was transported and treated at Providence Regional Medical Center.
The suspect in the shooting fled on foot to a nearby apartment complex. Officers tracked down the suspect, where he was found inside an apartment.
A Gang Response Unit officer made contact with the people inside the apartment, including the suspect, who came outside. A search warrant was later served and a handgun believed to have been used in the shooting was recovered.
The 19-year-old suspect was arrested and booked on suspicion of assault in the first degree and unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree due to previous felony convictions that prevented him from possessing firearms.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.