Investigators are searching for one of three suspects involved in a shootout with a Burien man they carjacked at gunpoint in his driveway Sunday evening, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The carjacking and shooting happened in the 400 block of South 191st Place.
Deputies said the victim wasn’t hurt and that it didn’t appear any of the suspects were shot because there was no blood found at the scene.
Investigators say the victim, who has a concealed pistol license and was armed during the carjacking, opened fire on the three suspects after one of them pointed a gun at him.
Only one of the three suspects had a gun and returned fire, according to deputies. The trio was still able to take the victim’s white Toyota RAV4.
Deputies say the suspects arrived at the victim’s home in a black sedan but couldn’t immediately provide its license plate number.
Meanwhile, later that night, three men robbed two gas stations in Bellevue. Two were arrested.
Officers found a white Toyota RAV4 parked across the street from the location of the second armed robbery, and later discovered the SUV had been stolen earlier in a carjacking in Burien.
Detectives are working to determine the identity of the third suspect.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: One dead from gunshot wound at Renton WalmartPeoples March
- More exposure sites named in southwest Washington measles outbreak
- Robbers caught on video twice in one day stealing cash at gunpoint
- Hormel recalls more than 220,000 pounds of Spam
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group