SEATTLE — On Wednesday, the King County Prosecutor’s Office filed a first-degree murder charge against a man suspected of shooting and killing another man on June 20 in the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest zone.
According to court documents, a judge approved a warrant for $2 million for 18-year-old Marcel Levon Long.
Long reportedly got into a fight last year with 19-year-old Lorenzo Anderson, which had caused bad blood, court documents stated. When tensions boiled over during an argument in the CHOP zone, police said that video shows Anderson walked away, but then Long allegedly followed him, pulled a gun and shot him.
Detectives said they received information that Long had fled Washington, saying that all efforts to find him have been unsuccessful.
Long has a court hearing scheduled for Aug. 19 at the King County courthouse.
Cox Media Group