BELLEVUE, Wash. — A man with the vanity license plate "DIRTBAG" on his red Chevy Camaro is under arrest after an incident at a Bellevue car wash.
According to police, the 40-year-old Bellevue man got into a dispute with another driver in line at the Bear Car Wash on Factoria Boulevard on Sunday afternoon.
Court documents released Monday say the driver of the Chevy Camaro was upset the driver ahead of him wasn't moving faster at the car wash so he rear-ended him.
Police say driver who was hit got his cellphone out and started taking pictures of the damage to his car.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- $1 million in medical debt forgiven in Washington by KIRO 7, Jesse Jones
- Seattle charity blames homeless for damage to bins, lost revenue
- Man with 'DIRTBAG' vanity license plate arrested after Bellevue road rage incident
- WATCH: Thief posing as delivery man steals packages in Mill Creek
- Church compensates Outback server who lost job, stiffed on $735 order
That’s when police say the driver of the red car, who was dressed as a security guard, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at him. The other driver called 911.
When police arrived, they say the driver of the red car refused to get out of the car. When police were taking him into custody he punched a police officer in the face, and officers used a Taser to subdue the man, police said. According to court documents he threatened to kill the three police officers.
As police were putting him in handcuffs, they say the man made a racial slur about the other driver. They are investigating if this was a hate crime.
The man was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of malicious harassment and assault.
© 2020 Cox Media Group