SEATAC, Wash. — Police say the man charged with raping a girl he met on snap chat used a fake name.
Investigators found the man, who claimed to be an 18-year-old, is actually 27-year-old Maurilio Hernandez Valle.
His true identity was determined after KIRO 7 viewers recognized him and told police he was not Nova. KIRO 7 also discovered Hernandez Valle was reported missing by his own family. He’s been in the King County Jail since August 28th.
>>Related: Sex offenders using phone apps to lure teens
Charging documents say the rape suspect was found hiding in a bedroom in the girl’s SeaTac apartment when her mother unexpectedly came home from work Aug. 28.
The man told detectives that he and the girl had sex twice there that day, according to prosecutors, and that he had met her on Snapchat about two months earlier.
Probable cause documents say the two communicated daily via Snapchat, phone calls, text messages, and met once before in Des Moines before the man went to the girl’s home.
More news from KIRO 7
- Human remains found in woods near Black Diamond construction site
- Man killed changing tire identified, troopers search for semi driver
- Health officials: First case of vaping-related illness confirmed in Washington state
- Long-closed bridge over the Puyallup River in Tacoma to re-open Saturday
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group