BLACK DIAMOND, Wash. - The King County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after human remains were discovered in Black Diamond.
The remains were found in a wooded area near a construction site in the 33000 block of Southeast Stevens Street where a housing development is being built.
Video from Chopper 7 showed numerous evidence markers in the area where investigators are carefully combing through the scene and scooping dirt into buckets. (Watch video below).
Police appeared to be digging in multiple areas.
King County major crimes detectives are investigating.
Watch raw video of the scene from Chopper 7 below.
More news from KIRO 7
- Driver changing tire along I-405 killed in hit-and-run
- Deputies seize 25,000 marijuana plants in Eastern Washington
- King County detectives investigate homicide after man's body found in river
- Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy playing stadium show in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.