CLALLAM COUNTY, Wash. - A juvenile suspect has been arrested for investigation of first-degree murder in connection with the death of a teen Sunday morning in Forks, officials with the Clallam County Sheriff's Office said.
Officials said at about 5:33 a.m. deputies and police with the Forks Police Department were called to a report of a shooting in the 1300 block of Big Burn Place.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found a 19-year-old dead and believed it was a homicide, law enforcement officials said.
Investigators said a juvenile boy was arrested in connection to the teen's death, and he was detained by witnesses at the home.
The suspect was taken to the Clallam County Youth Center where he was booked, officials said.
Officials said the County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing the case for formal charges.
More news from KIRO 7
- TONIGHT AT 7: '60 Minutes' reports on homelessness in Seattle
- Second victim dies in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Confrontation with tent residents gets violent, puts Pioneer Square business owner on edge
- 3.6 earthquake hits near Mount Rainier National Park, officials say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.