TACOMA, Wash. - The Washington State Salmon Recovery Funding Board held its seventh biennial conference at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center this week.
The two-day conference brought together hundreds of scientists and salmon recovery experts.
“The theme of the 2019 Salmon Recovery Conference, Facing The Future Together, reflects the urgency we feel 20 years after the passage of Washington's Salmon Recovery Act,” organizers said in a news release.
Officials said those in attendance shared information about the "4 H’s" of Salmon recovery: habitat, hydropower, hatcheries and harvest.
Notable names who spoke at the conference former Washington State Gov. Gary Locke and Cecilia Gobin -- a Tulalip Tribes member and the conservation police analyst with the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission.
Click here to view the full list of speakers.
More news from KIRO 7
- Twelve sickened by norovirus-like illness associated with Auburn Dave & Buster's
- Traffic cameras show moments before power pole fell on car in Tukwila
- ATM blown up at Tacoma bank
- Three arrested in woman's 2017 murder-for-hire shooting
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.