OLYMPIA, Wash. — Tiffany Charneski shared her struggle with homelessness with the governor's homelessness panel.
The Iraq and Afghanistan veteran was forced into shelter with her two young children.
"I couldn't pay the $500 increase in rent and child care was $2,100 and so as a single parent that's almost impossible," she said.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Kent police make arrest in attempted rape at bikini barista stand
- Bikini barista survived attempted rape attack because she resisted, coworker says
- Police: Des Moines teen calls 911 from closet during home invasion
- Murder of Seattle Federal Prosecutor Tom Wales: Reward for info increased to $1.52 million
- Spanaway dad shoots suspect crouched outside children's room
© 2020 Cox Media Group