AUBURN, Wash. - A fire that started inside the Muckleshoot Tribal Fireworks stands in Auburn sent people running just before 10:30 p.m. on the Fourth of July.
Micah McDaniel operates the “No Limit” Fireworks stand nearby and he said this is the worst fire he’s seen here at the Muckleshoot Tribal Fireworks Stands in years.
“You get fires out there in the brush and the dry grass but never around a fireworks stand, it’s pretty bad,” McDaniel said.
Another operator, George Buckingham, said the owner of the stand that burned had sold out early and there was no fireworks inside or or this could have turned out much worse.
“It’s a blessing that nothing more happened,” Buckingham said. “It was pretty scary because at first we didn’t know if it was full of fireworks.”
Valley Regional Fire Authority officials said there were no injuries and right now, the fire doesn't appear suspicious.
McDaniel said it’s possible fireworks going off nearby may have flown into cardboard boxes, starting the fire.
He said in this environment, everyone has to use extra caution.
“We just have to be more careful, don’t be careless. That’s what has to happen.”
More news from KIRO 7
- Three homes damaged in Lake Stevens fire
- Watch: Seattle Fourth of July fireworks 2018
- #Planebae: Woman tweets story of strangers meeting, internet falls in love
- Crews battle 3-alarm fire in Seattle's SoDo area
- Dog on 520 Bridge leads police on crazy chase, owners found
© 2019 Cox Media Group.