LAKE STEVENS, Wash. - Investigators believe that a fire that destroyed two homes and damaged three others was caused by fireworks.
The fire was started just before midnight on July 4 in the 9500 block of 17th Street Northeast.
“When I turned around I saw lights flickering I was like "oh that can't be a firework going for that long" and then I saw smoke coming from all three of them and then I was like, 'oh my god. That guys house is on fire,” Micaela Robinson told KIRO 7’s Rob Munoz.
Residents and multiple pets were able to escape without injury.
The fire is believed to be accidental in nature.
Damage to the homes involved is estimated at around $1 million.
More news from KIRO 7
- Three homes damaged in Lake Stevens fire
- Watch: Seattle Fourth of July fireworks 2018
- #Planebae: Woman tweets story of strangers meeting, internet falls in love
- Crews battle 3-alarm fire in Seattle's SoDo area
- Dog on 520 Bridge leads police on crazy chase, owners found
© 2019 Cox Media Group.