SEATTLE - A large plume of smoke was visible for miles as a large fire burned in Seattle’s SoDo area Wednesday night around 7:30 p.m.
The fire happened near the 3600 block of East Marginal Way South.
Chopper 7 flew over the fire, where video showed flames and a large firefighting presence.
No injuries were reported, Seattle fire officials said.
Chopper 7 video showed several scrap cars burning.
Multiple roads around the West Seattle Bridge were closed, KIRO 7's Jessica Oh reported. Both directions of traffic on 99 near the West Seattle Bridge were shut down.
Oh reported hearing explosion-like sounds from where the fire was burning.
Crews had the fire out just before 9 p.m. but remained at the scene to monitor any hot spots.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- BREAKING: Police investigating fatal Federal Way crash
- $1 million nationwide warrant for suspect in woman's beheading death in Washington
- Dog on 520 Bridge leads police on crazy chase, owners found
- Seattle house with President Trump countdown clock draws attention
- Citizenship test: Can you pass the test those applying for US citizenship have to pass?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.