FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - A Federal Way neighborhood was rattled after a man allegedly shot his adult son twice in the abdomen after a dispute. The 47-year-old father is in custody and his son is in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center. The shooting happened about 10 a.m. Sunday morning at the Arcadia Townhomes at 1300 Southwest Campus Dr.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Video shows family getting kicked off Southwest flight
- Gig Harbor girl unresponsive after nearly drowning at YMCA
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's DNA doesn't match twin Mark's after year-long space mission
- No charges filed after man killed in apparent road rage shooting on I-5
- Caught on camera: Seattle police stop shoplifting spree at Costco
Police said no one else at this sprawling complex was in danger, but that hasn't stopped residents from being upset.
They couldn't miss Medic One nor the swarm of Federal Way police cruisers and officers at the Arcadia Townhomes. Crime scene tape blocked off the parking lot to Building 15. Neighbors said they were surprised by the shooting.
"Okay, oh, my gosh," said Maggie Lin. "That's really bad news."
She and several other neighbors said they often hear people in the residence talking loudly at all hours.
Larry Washington lives five buildings away from the shooting scene. Still once told what Federal Way police said happened, he said it surprised him.
"Yeah, it does," said Washington. "Because I haven't heard of any shootings in this area before. That's scary."
© 2019 Cox Media Group.