BREMERTON, Wash. - A driver is dead after crashing through a guardrail and going down a 20-foot ravine early Wednesday in Bremerton.
The driver, later identified by the Kitsap County Coroner’s Office as Ean Swanson, was heading northbound in the 5400 block of Hansberry Street Northwest near Northeast Vena Street when he crossed into the southbound lane and left the road, the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said.
Investigators determined Swanson was going too fast around a curve with a posted speed of 30 mph.
Kitsap County Fire and Rescue crews who arrived at the scene had to extricate the 35-year-old Swanson out of a Chevrolet Astro van, officials said.
Swanson was taken to Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton and was pronounced dead at the hospital, officials said.
Officials said Swanson had a significant blood alcohol level.
The county coroner determined Swanson’s cause of death was blunt force trauma to the torso and the manner of death was accidental.
More news from KIRO 7
- Elementary school teacher in Renton charged with possession of child pornography
- Police: Man grabs 9-year-old boy, drags him to his apartment
- Bellingham teen fired as Christian camp counselor because he is gay
- 91-year-old woman's arm broken in random Ballard attack
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.