A 16-year-old is facing rape charges after allegedly forcing himself on a classmate at Decatur High school.
The two communicated on Snapchat and decided to meet up during class, according to court documents. They started kissing, but when things escalated prosecutors say the victim tried to get away.
The teen suspect admitted the two were together, but denied the allegations against him. Federal Way Public Schools spokeswoman Kassie Swenson emailed this statement to KIRO 7 on Monday:
“On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at approximately 9:45 a.m., Decatur High School administration was notified by a student that a sex offense occurred at 7:40 a.m. School administration immediately reported it to the School Resource Officer and the Federal Way Police Department to investigate, and police arrested the suspect. The incident was also reported to Child Protective Services.
“We take any reports related to student safety very seriously and have steps in place to address safety concerns.
“There is no place for this type of behavior on our school campuses. It’s our highest priority to ensure our schools are safe places for our students and staff to learn and teach.”
More news from KIRO 7
- 1 injured, 2 detained after shooting in downtown Seattle
- Man charged in 1972 killing of young woman released on bail
- ‘Went to the bone': Man stabbed by suspect who was killed by police says officer saved his life
- 2 off-duty deputies pursue suspects after witnessing robbery in Safeway parking lot
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.