A child is in critical condition after falling 25 feet out of a window in Everett on Monday morning, officials said.
The incident happened at 10:03 a.m. in the 600 block of 95th Court Southeast. The boy, believed to be 5, fell out of the window and landed on the concrete below.
"It was pretty chaotic, we were all scared obviously," Eva Davalos said, as she describes seeing one of the three children her daughter plays with barely conscious on the concrete driveway next door. "We were in the kitchen having lunch and we heard the screaming, and realized there was a kid on the floor."
The child was transported to Providence Regional Medical Center in critical condition. According to the family, the boy will need surgery.
This incident is not unique; Harborview Medical Center alone has seen about 30 children as a result of window falls just since May. Nationally, the statistics are frightening. According to Stanford Children's Hospital, about 4,000 children are injured in window falls every year and about a dozen die.
More news from KIRO 7
- Last flight departs from North Satellite at Sea-Tac Airport
- 1 dead in Eatonville shooting
- Tacoma hospital brings in K-9 to help quell assaults. Officer Ben also calms sick kids
- Fire engulfs home in Kenmore; 7 displaced
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.