GIG HARBOR, Wash. - Some boats may sink at the Gig Harbor Marina because a roof is collapsing above the vessels.
Eric Waters with Gig Harbor Fire said crews were called to a report of a partial roof collapse above more than 50 boats Monday night.
The roof, heavy with snow, is sitting on the tops of boats. Rainfall is now adding more weight to the snow, causing the roof to press down on the boats.
The Coast Guard and marina management have a boom in the water around the vessel because they expect a number of them to go at least partially under water.
Some boats have already sustained minor damage.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle driver arrested in snowball rage incident
- Tens of thousands without power; roads a snowy, slushy mess
- Squatter ransacks, destroys Beacon Hill woman's apartment
- Tonight at 5 p.m.: Deaf Seattle baristas say Starbucks discriminated against them
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.