SKYWAY, Wash. — A Skyway man was captured on surveillance video going on a rampage inside a 7-Eleven last April. But months later, while prosecutors decided whether to charge him, he was arrested for a similar rampage in Seattle.
The King County prosecutor filed charges in the Skyway case just a week ago. But the suspect has been in trouble with the law before. And he still isn't in jail.
It turns out he was an employee at the 7-Eleven where he allegedly began tearing up things inside.
There is no audio on the surveillance video so it is hard to know what, if anything, Kalamante Fleeks said as he entered the 7-Eleven. But within seconds, the 26-year-old is knocking over just about everything in sight. He then walks around the counter and continues the destruction, yanking out the cash drawer and emptying it of all of the money inside. It was just before 3:30 in the morning on April 21.
"The one that's doing all this craziness?" asked 7-Eleven customer Donella Young Rials, as she watched the video.
"Oh, my goodness. Are you serious? What? For what? What can be so bad that you do all that?"
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- AG Bob Ferguson files lawsuit against local foundation, founder
- "Lunch shaming" ban puts North Thurston Schools $21,000 in debt
- Stephen Hillenburg, creator of 'SpongeBob SquarePants,' dead at 57
- Good Samaritan talks about finding hurt woman hours after rollover crash
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group