KIRKLAND, Wash. - EvergreenHealth Medical Center in Kirkland was locked down after police say a doctor saw a man with what was believed to be a rifle inside the facility. The image was caught on a surveillance camera.
Kirkland police officer Cody Mann said officers searched the hospital room by room. The hospital released a surveillance image of the man on social media.
After the man saw an image of himself on social media, he contacted Kirkland police and said what he had was not a rifle but actually an umbrella that looks like a sword, according to police.
The report initially came in as a suspicious person that may have had a rifle, but police were unsure if it was actually a rifle that was seen or something else, such as an umbrella, until the surveillance image was available.
Those inside the hospital sheltered in place until the word was given that there was no threat.
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski found dead in apparent suicide
- Passport to fly domestically? What Washington residents need to know
- Chrissy Teigen offers to pay McKayla Maroney's possible $100K fine to speak out against Larry Nassar
- Girl attacked, killed by dog family owned for five days
- Teen sentenced to 90 weeks for hit-and-run that killed Issaquah man
© 2019 Cox Media Group.