CONWAY, Wash. - One person is dead and five people were injured in a fiery crash involving eight vehicles, including a box truck, that blocked all lanes of southbound I-5 in Skagit County for about six hours.
The crash happened in Conway at SR 534 at about 5:45 a.m. near the Lake McMurray exit.
The box truck and a van collided and burst into flames. The driver of the van was killed.
One vehicle rolled over.
The five people who were hurt have non-life-threatening injuries.
Only one lane was open at the time of the crash, which is in a construction zone. No Washington State Department of Transportation workers were hurt.
Because the crash involved a fatality, the lanes were closed while troopers investigated. The southbound lanes reopened at about 11:40 a.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- One dead in fiery multi-vehicle crash blocking I-5 in Conway
- Seattle crane collapse: Details about the victims, survivors
- Hunt for 79-year-old store owner’s killers continues
- PHOTOS: One dead in 8-vehicle crash in Skagit County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.