KIRO-TV is committed to identifying and recruiting a diverse group of up-and-coming media professionals. Through our Internship Program, KIRO-TV offers college students the opportunity to work in the newsroom environment to learn about the behind-the-scenes workings of a TV news program. Interns will assist the producers in researching stories and writing show scripts. Interns will also have the opportunity to accompany KIRO 7 news crews in the field on occasion. The program is open to college students.
1. The student must be registered at a University, College, Community College or Vocational-Technical Institute.
2. The student should have junior or senior status, or be in the last year of a Community College or Vocational-Technical program.
3. All internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week covering a period of 10-16 weeks, depending on the school’s quarter or semester length.
4. While KIRO-TV considers the Internship program format valuable in observing the student’s attitude, talents, and skills, it is understood that no guarantees are given for future employment.
5. Students will only be offered an Internship after completing a pre-employment drug and background screening.
6. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. will be required upon employment.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter by Saturday, April 7, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Attn: Human Resources
2807 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
© 2018 Cox Media Group.