INDEPENDENCE, Ky. — A Kentucky woman was hospitalized with serious burns Monday after she accidentally set herself on fire while smoking a cigarette and filling her child’s minibike with gasoline, authorities said.
According to police, around 9 a.m. the woman, who has not been identified, was smoking and was pouring gasoline into the minibike’s tank when she caught on fire, WLWT reported.
The woman was using a gas can to fill the tank inside a closed garage, Independence police Capt. Russ Wood told WRTV. Investigators believe vapors from the gasoline ignited the fire, the television station reported.
First responders said the woman was flown to a Cincinnati hospital, WLWT reported.
The extent of her injuries is unknown. the television station reported.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group