PERTH, Australia - A vegan, massage therapist has taken her neighbor to court over, cigarette smoke, children playing basketball and the family's barbecuing.
Cilla Carden, who lives in Perth, Australia, is suing her neighbor, taking him to the country's Supreme Court, saying she's tired of the smell of meat cooking in her neighbor's backyard, among other activities she says people in the community are doing to ruin her happiness.
"It's deliberate, that's what I told the courts, it's deliberate," Carden told 9 News in Australia.
"It's been devastating. It's been turmoil. It's been unrest. I haven't been able to sleep."
But one of the neighbors who has been taken to court says it's not him and that he has gotten rid of the grill and his kids no longer play basketball, 9 News reported.
Despite both the State Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court both dismissing her case and her appeals being denied, Carden still vows to fight and she says will be taking her neighbor to court again.
"They've put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish. I can't enjoy my backyard. I can't go out there," Carden told 9 News.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Sound Transit under fire for student fare enforcement on first day of school
- Coast Guard suspends search for two missing from boat near Mercer Island
- Boys jump off bicycles to avoid being hit by Kitsap Transit bus; bikes damaged, driver cited
- Prosecutors: Man high on meth breaks into Seattle home, eats Raisin Bran
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.