OLYMPIA, Wash. - Authorities seized hundreds of marijuana plants as well as hundreds of pounds of processed marijuana at two homes on an Olympia property.
After getting information about a large-scale grow operation, the Thurston County Narcotics Task Force investigated and on Monday at 4 p.m., served a search warrant at Summit Lake Shore Road.
The warrants, for unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance and unlawful possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance, were obtained for two buildings and property at the Summit Lake home.
While searching two homes on the property, detectives discovered what they said were sophisticated marijuana grow operations in both homes as well as a large quantity of processed marijuana.
The team seized about 250 growing marijuana plants, about 300 pounds of processed marijuana, a shotgun and more than $110,000 in cash.
A man was arrested and booked into the Thurston County Jail on charges of manufacturing a controlled substance and unlawful possession with intent to deliver.
More arrests are anticipated as the investigation continues.
More news from KIRO 7
- NHL coming to Seattle: Board approves expansion team
- Two killed in SR 164 crash near Enumclaw
- Vote on tasting rooms delayed, wineries opening in Maltby
- Misuse of money, sexual exploitation, among allegations in latest lawsuit against Federal Way church
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.