South Hill, Wash. - Central Pierce Fire and Rescue, along with other agencies, performed a special rescue at about 9:30 a.m. at a pond in South Hill.
A deer was in distress in the middle of a freezing pond near 152 Street E. and 115th Avenue Ct., rescue crews said.
Central Pierce, Pierce County sheriff’s deputies and Fish and Wildlife crews formulated a plan and were able to safely rescue the deer out of the cold water, officials said.
Crews didn’t say how the deer got stuck in the pond but said it is doing great and recovering from exhaustion.
More news from KIRO 7
- UW student dies after slipping and falling on campus
- Winter storm to bring lowland snow to Puget Sound region
- Woman, suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Northgate neighborhood
- Now Federal Way businesses also fighting possible demolition from Sound Transit
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.